Back in the early days of online marketing, businesses tend to be individualistic. They set up a website, spread ads and build links with other related sites in their niche. But that’s not what’s happening in social media marketing-while indeed you have your own page to run, you first have to gather the buzz from outside your world to see where you can effectively place your brand.
You need to engage with your influencers.
Getting to know those that influence your brand can take your business to a whole new level, practically because:
- You get to see the weaknesses of already established names in social media, thus you know where to place your own brand.
- You are able to find the right image for your brand to stand out.
- You are able to better understand how the industry works, so you know whether to go with the flow, or break the tide.
Who are your influencers?
Of course, you should know who your brand’s influencers are, and how you can find them. The search for the voices that matter to your brand and business is easy, but you do have to spend adequate amount of time to gather and filter the ideas and opinions they provide.
You may first want to look at the pillars of the industry, which consist of names and businesses that have stood above their competitors for over many years. See how their opinions matter to today’s trends that are relevant to your company, so you know where to start.
Expert opinions are likewise important; these consist of critics, advisers, mentors and other individuals who have found success, and those who have been cited for showing best practices in the industry. By listening and absorbing the lessons they provide, you will know where, when and how to project your brand especially in the social media environment.
Engaging your influencers provide you with opportunities as to how you can easily get more fans on social media. This is very important especially if you’re new to the whole industry, as you can’t just rely on word of mouth alone. You need to give your brand some shock value so that it will be able to captivate the attention of your target market.
- Angry SingTel Subscriber on Fan Page (And His Post Is Viral) A SingTel subscriber lamented on the Telco's fan page. It ...
- The Taylor Swift Mantra to Getting Rebound Fans To lose fans is normal. It’s not always your fault ...
- Replying to Facebook Recommendations: The Corporate Communications Dilemma It became a big buzz in our agency this week ...